Friday, November 2, 2012

High Five for Friday

Pin It
Photobucket
Yay....it's finally Friday!!!  Which means we're going to the UGA vs Ole Miss game tomorrow.   I can't wait - it's been 3 years since I've been to a UGA football game!
 
Lately I have been on a cooking kick. 
Here are some of the recipes I have tried from Pinterest:
 
Pinned Image
I made this last night and it was delicious!  The best part - I had everything on hand so I didn't have to make a trip to the grocery store.  I did make several changes though - I substituted canned green chilis for 4 jalepenos straight from the garden, I added 1t of chilli powder and 1t of cumin and I added two small tomatoes from my SIL's garden.
 
 
Pinned Image
We had this for dessert last night and it was AMAZING!! My favorite cookie as a child were snickerdoodles so I had to try this recipe and I was not disappointed!  Plus this gave me a chance to use some of the apples from our Ellijay trip.
 
 
Pinned Image
The recipe is delicious and pretty healthy!  There are tons of veggies in this recipe plus I used turkey italian sausage (I couldn't find chicken italian sausag at the grocery store like the recipe calls for) and whole wheat pasta.  Christy always has mouth watering recipes on her blog so I definitely recommend checking it out!
 
 
Pinned Image
I made this the other week for a football party and it was a big hit!! I served it as a dip with ginger snap cookies and everyone loved it!  The only changed I made was I added a 3.5 oz box of instant vanilla pudding instead of a 1.5oz box.
 
 
Here's one recipe I can't wait to try this holiday season:
Pinned Image
I can already see myself curled on the sofa watching a Christmas movie while munching on this yummy popcorn! 
 
 
I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!!
~Julia
 
 
 


4 comments:

Christina said...

That chili looks gooooood. Are you wearing a Jamba Juice apron? :)

Unknown said...

What delicious looking foods! I may just have to try that fluff this weekend!

Stopping by from the link ups! Happy Friday!

Clare
Understated Classics

Julia@SouthernColor said...

It was so tasty...perfect for a cold fall night! No, I don't have a Jamba Juice apron :(. That pic is actually from Pretty Providence's blog - I can't wait to try out their recipe!

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

Definitely try out the fluff, its amazing! Thanks for stopping by ~ Happy High Five for Friday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...