Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tailgate Tuesday: UGA Deco Mesh Wreath Tutorial

Pin It

Are you ready for our third edition of Tailgate Tuesday?!?!! College football season is only a week away!  Although I am a UGA Bulldog fan I do live in Nashville right now so I also support the Vanderbilt Commdores.  Their first game is next Thursday against South Carolina - wish them luck!

No matter what time of year it is every front door needs a wreath!  So I created a deco mesh red and black wreath for my front door this year! When I first saw deco mesh a couple of years ago it kind of intimidated me.  I couldn't figure out how to make bows or wreaths with it so I would just fork over the money for someone else to make it for me.  But this year I decided I was going to learn how to make my own wreath!  The Clumsy Crafter ain't so clumsy because she gave me step by step instructions on how to make my own deco mesh wreath!

Supplies Needed:
Large Width Deco Mesh - whole roll
Small Width Deco Mesh - half a roll
Pipe cleaners - same color as large width deco mesh
Wire Wreath Frame - 16 inch





Step 1: Wrap pipe cleaners around wire wreath frame every 3 inches






Step 2: Wrap pipe cleaner around large width deco mesh


Step 3: Leave 6 inches of deco mesh out before wrapping the next pipe cleaner around the deco mesh.





Step 4: Continue process until all of the large width deco mesh is gone
(I was able to wrap the wire wreath frame twice)

Step 5: Tie/ twist the red deco mesh to the back of the wire wreath with a pipe cleaner.

Step 6: Weave the red deco mesh around the black deco mesh.

Step 7: Fluff and hang!




I love how the wreath turned out!! It's the perfect way to celebrate my favorite football team.  Plus I'm already thinking of ways I can use this wreath for other holidays.  I can remove the red deco mesh and add orange for Halloween!  I love being able to use something for multiple things!!


I hope you enjoy!






The Girl Creative
Sugar Bee Crafts
Skip To My Lou





A Diamond in the Stuff
Sumo's Sweet Stuff




Reasons To Skip The Housework
HookingupwithHoH

5 comments:

Boswell0617 said...

I love this!! I have been dying to do a deco mesh wreath, and you did a great job explaining. I love that you can use it for halloween too, what a smart idea! thanks.

Julia@SouthernColor said...

I am in love with deco mesh right now!! I have half of the red roll left over...I'm thinking bows for Christmas!

Nicole @WonkyW said...

Your wreathe turned out great! I love the simplicity - not an over-complicated project.

Julia@SouthernColor said...

Thanks Nicole!! I kept playing with the idea of adding UGA in wood letters to the side of the wreath but ended up going simple!

Jill said...

What a great wreath! A little bit different - and I love how you made it!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...