Thursday, May 31, 2012

Side Table Transformation

Pin It
Several months ago I was asked by a co-worker to refinish a side table for her...which was super exciting!!  The table she wanted refinished was in great condition and had great lines to it.  It just needed a fresh coat of paint (the red was done with spray paint).  


The first thing I did was sand the entire piece and fill in any holes/dents.


Then I primed the piece - I wanted to make sure the red wouldn't show through.


I chose a goldish yellow paint for the table based on inspiration photos the client sent me.


 I got the paint for free from ACE Hardware 


After painting the piece yellow I sanded the edges to add a distressed look.


I then covered the table in a brown glaze to give it a more distressed look.


The last step to this project was a polycrylic - it gives the piece a professional look.


I love how the table turned out!!! 


 I would have never chosen yellow on my own but I think it looks great and I'm already using the remainder of the paint for some other projects I'm working on.


~Julia



HookingupwithHoH
shabby creek cottage
Somewhat Simple

9 comments:

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

Great job! I love yellow and I think it's a great statement piece!

Unknown said...

I love it!! You did a fabulous job! I think I might have project for you to do for me!! I just don't want to do it. Next time I'm in Atlanta, I'll give y'all a shout and bring what I've got: 1 small 3-tiered side table & 1 large old window. They need a new paint job. & I just can't decide what I want to do w it yet.

Christy

Julia@SouthernColor said...

I'm flattered you want me to paint some pieces for your but gettting them to nashville might be a struggle...wish we lived closer to each other :) Have you thought of using chalk paint for the pieces - that way you wouldn't have to sand or prime them. It would save you a ton of time!

the cape on the corner said...

the yellow color somehow totally highlights the interesting leg detail. great!

Julia@SouthernColor said...

Yes definitely...that is one of my favorite features so I'm glad it is being highlighted!

Cynthia said...

I wouldn't have thought to chose yellow, either, but it totally works for this table... it looks great!

Unknown said...

Hi there! Here from the Shabby Creek party, I love your table redo. That color is amazing, good choice!! Now following, would love for you to visit and follow me too :)

Hugs, Tanya

Julia@SouthernColor said...

Thanks Cynthia - I'm really happy with how it turned out!

Julia@SouthernColor said...

Thanks Tanya!! Love your link party and I'm now following Shabby Creek!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...