Monday, February 20, 2012

Burlap Curtains

Pin It
I am in LOVE with burlap!! You can do so many fun projects with it and it's fairly inexpensive.  Over Christmas I made these decorative pillows, I made the BF this tree skirt, and now I've made curtains!


A local wine store was in need of some new curtains for their new space.  They needed curtains for 2 windows measuring 11.5 ft by 12.5 ft.  The project took about 2 nights to complete, and the finished project looks great!!




Pin It


The roll of burlap I used was the perfect width.  For two windows, I measured out 8 panels of 12.5 ft length burlap.  I sewed together 2 panels with a basic seam down the length.  Then I folded over the top by 8 inches to create a sleeve for the curtain rod.  The bottoms were left unfinished since the wine store wanted a rustic feel.  Repeat 3 more times and you have two sets of curtains!

~Elizabeth


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...