Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Holiday Crafts with Pinterest!

Pin It
I, like many others, have quickly jumped on the "Pinterest" bandwagon!  Way too many hours are spent pinning crafts, recipes, home decor, cute puppies.... there are just so many clever things!!

The holiday season is upon us, so here are a few Christmas crafts I have been working on:

Coffee Filter Wreath

(inspiration)

This project was super easy, but very time consuming!  I bought 6 feet of foam pipe cover from the hardware store, cut it in half and formed the shape of two wreaths.  I used about 250 white coffee filters and about 3 sticks of hot glue!  The pop of color is left over fabric & ribbon.  You can find detailed instructions on Pinterest!

Burlap Wreath


I used the 2nd foam wreath and about 3/4 yard of cream colored burlap.  I cut the burlap into 4 inch strips and used a hot glue gun to secure it to the wreath.  Just twist and fluff the burlap until you have something you like!  I took inspiration from other wreaths I've seen on Pinterest.

Burlap Ruffled Tree Skirt



This turned out great!  I cannot wait to go get a Christmas tree this weekend!!  I used about 2 yards of cream burlap and 2 yards of red burlap, 12 hot glue sticks, and WAY too much time!  I used some old fabric to cut a tree skirt pattern, I think it's about 50 inches in diameter.  The burlap was cut into 4 inch strips, ruffled, and glued onto the fabric.  The process is super easy and you can find instructions on Pinterest.

I hope this puts you in the holiday spirit and inspires you to pull out the hot glue gun & be crafty!



Pin It


~Elizabeth

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...