Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Guestroom Makeover: The Reveal

Pin It
The Guestroom Makeover is complete!
This past Saturday we had a reveal party with friends and family over at our client's house.  We had popcorn to snack on, in honor of the popcorn ceilings ;)  Everyone was very complimentary about the makeover, especially the one's who had seen where it started.  The client's son was also there for the reveal, this used to be his bedroom year's ago when he lived there - quite a transformation!

Enjoy all the pictures!









The "W" pictures are place holders for the client's son to create custom artwork.  He is a very talented artist and plans to draw black & white pictures for these frames.  We used leftover curtains and printed out a "W" to fill the frames for now.  This way the room looks complete and gives the artist time to think of something special for the room.




Client Testimony:

One word describes the guest room makeover that Southern Color did for me – WOW! What started as an empty room with zero personality and ugly popcorn textured ceilings, ended as a beautiful, comfortable guest bedroom worthy of a high-end bed & breakfast inn. Julia & Elizabeth worked hard and very thoughtfully on the design, popcorn removal, painting, furniture selection & refinishing, shopping for furnishings & finding the best deals around, and personal touches tailored to my style – which I didn’t even know I had until after my initial consult meeting with them! They took the time to figure out my tastes, then designed and executed a plan to match, including some very specific touches that were personal and special to me. The creativity they showed in refinishing one “trash to treasure” piece was especially impressive, and the placement of curtains behind the bed was a brilliant idea to disguise an off-center, out-of-place window. Southern Color managed my expectations and consulted with me throughout the process to ensure I was happy with everything they were doing or planning. I am already discussing future makeover projects in my house with Julia & Elizabeth, and I completely trust them to provide excellent, personalized service at a great price.
Rob Whorton, Smyrna, GA
Check out last week's post for a full review of all the projects completed in this room.  If you are interested in Southern Color's services and live in the Atlanta area, please contact us at SouthernColor@gmail.com.

HookingupwithHoH shabby creek cottage
Home Stories A2Z
DIY Show Off
Hickory Trail

27 comments:

Boswell0617 said...

Finally we get to see the pictures and.... y'all did a great job. It looks so great! It looks polished an put together but not too matchy matchy I love it!

Jessica said...

Hi there! Visiting you from the link up over at Decor and the Dog. Love this guest room makeover. It's so fresh and inviting. :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. Would love to be a guest in that roon!

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

We made you wait long enough ;) We are very happy with the result and our client loves it. He's already had 2 sets of guests stay the night!

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

Thanks for stopping by Jessica! I love that we stuck with bright & fresh colors for the room.

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

Thanks Laura! At the reveal party on Saturday night, several people commented that they would be staying the night... everyone just liked how inviting the room feels!

Ash @ HumberHomeProject said...

What a cozy looking guest room!
Even though the W's are placeholders, they look good - gives the room a classy hotel feel :)

The colors are awesome, too!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful room! Just found your blog through Decor and the Dog and wanted to pop in on a fellow Georgian's blog!

Lucky Zucca said...

This is completely amazing!!! Great job ladies! You deserve your own HGTV show ;)

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

Thanks! The W's turned out pretty nice considering they were a last minute project ;)

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

Thanks for stopping by Megan! Your blog is super cute and it's always fun finding another GA blogger :)

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

I would love an HGTV show, can you make that happen??!? Thanks for the sweet words!

Bright and Beautiful Life said...

I love the pops of yellow with the navy. It all looks really great.

Lori @ A Bright and Beautiful Life
www.abrightandbeautifullife.com

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

Thanks Lori! The yellow helps brighten the space and adds pops of color.

Anonymous said...

I love what you did to the room. I need those curtains in my master bedroom!

Gretchen said...

Lovely! The checker table is such a fun little touch :)

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

Thanks :) The curtains are great if you have an off-centered window you need to disguise. And Ikea is always my go-to store, they have a great variety of curtains for a good price!

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

We figured every Guestroom could use a game table! Thanks for stopping by Gretchen!

Unknown said...

Came by because you left a sweet comment - and have fallen in love - that is one GORGEOUS guestroom - I'd love it for my own master bedroom!
Definitely your newest follower!
Hugs,
Suzan

Stampin' VMG206 said...

Beautiful! I personally LOVE the W's!!
I'm visiting you today from DIY Showoff. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog and leave a comment, too!
~ Megin of VMG206
Burlap Ruffle Wreath

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

Thanks for stopping by Megin! The W's are a great placeholder for future artwork.

Nicole@nicole-southerncharm.com/ said...

I love your choice of fabric! You did a great job! I am new from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and follow me back! nicole

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

Thanks for stopping by Nicole! We stuck with a B&B theme and wanted to mix different textiles & finish. We are so happy with the outcome!

angela hodges abode said...

Thank you so much for linking up to my party! Hope to see you again Tuesday. Angela at HickoryTrail

Tony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine @ First Home...Love Life said...

Super pretty details! I can't believe it's just a guest room, I'd want to use it as a master :) I'm drooling over navy right now, so when I saw this pinned I had to pop over and say hi!

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

We're so glad you like it!! The navy bedspread was purchased at Target and we found the reading chairs at Kirklands. We are in love with the color combo! Thanks for stopping by :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...