Thursday, August 9, 2012

Update Your Old Light Fixture for $7

Pin It
Don't you just love this light fixture!!  I'm embarrassed  happy to say that that beauty belongs to me!  This is the light fixture on our back patio so only our good friends get to see it..luckily.  If it were on the front porch I would have definitely changed it a long time ago.  This sucker was covered in rust and really needed to be thrown away butwe're on a budget so I decided to spray paint it.



I used Rust-Oleum Universal Metallic Paint and Primer in One Rubbed Bronze.

Step 1: Turn off the power..you don't want to get shocked

Step 2: Disconnect the wires and remove the light fixture


Step 3: Clean, clean, clean - my fixture was pretty yucky

Step 4: With a wire brush remove any lose rust

Step 5: Tape off the glass with painters tape

Step 6: Use a sandwich bag and painters tape to conceal the wires - you don't want to paint them

Step 7: Paint - I suggest following the instructions on the bottle

Don't forget to paint the little screws that fasten the fixture to the wall

Let dry and then reconnect wires and hang!


The light fixture looks brand new and the spray paint only cost $7!!



I am so happy with how this turned out - I might have to spray paint all of our fixtures!

~Julia


Linking up to:
HookingupwithHoH
Hubby Made Me
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...