Monday, July 30, 2012

DIY Chevron Stripe Canvas Board

Pin It
Happy Monday! How was everyone's weekend?!
Mine was great - I spent time at the pool, out with friends, and hanging pictures in my new place.  Here's another DIY canvas project - a DIY Chevron Stripe Quote Board.

Who doesn't love chevron stripes?!

What you'll need:
2 canvases
Painters Tape
Foam Brush
Acrlyic Paint
Stencil

To create the chevron stripes on your canvas, use Julia's tutorial here.



Make sure you paint away from the tape and not into it.  It took me about 3 light coats to get the color I wanted.


Peel off tape.


I am using a How I Met Your Mother quote for my stencil.  To create the stencil use my tutorial here.

Position the stencil on your canvas.


You can tape down the edge with painters tape to keep the stencil from moving around on you.

Use a foam brush and acrylic paint.


Because this is a paper stencil, it can be a little flimsy.  Try to only go over each letter one time.  So have enough paint on your brush to get even coverage, but not so much that it bleeds through (I hope that makes sense). 



And there you go!  A fun DIY Chevron Stripe Canvas Board


This project would have been a lot less time consuming if I had a Silhouette, maybe I should add that to my Christmas list ;-)

~Elizabeth


Skip To My Lou The Girl Creative

Sumo's Sweet Stuff

Making the World Cuter







 
 
Photobucket
Sugar Bee Crafts
Home Stories A2Z
Lil\'Luna







The DIY Dreamer
The Fun In Functional @ Practically Functional
Home is where the heart is. - Link it up! - Wednesdays - HomesteadSimple.com
Hubby Made Me
The 36th AVENUE
HookingupwithHoH shabby creek cottage A Crafty Soiree
Photobucket
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...