Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring Wreath

Pin It
Another Monday, these weekends go by way too quickly!  My weekend was action-packed: dinner in VaHi on Friday, Color Run Saturday morning, shopping with friends and the Guestroom Reveal party.  I took it pretty easy yesterday, slept in and had lunch on Tin Lizzy's patio.  Today my parents go out of town for Spring Break, my Mom works at an elementary school.  Boy do I wish spring break existed in the corporate world! I would love a trip to the beach - a whole week lounging by the pool and sipping yummy frozen drinks.  Maybe I can convince some friends to plan a trip with me ;)  At least it is starting to feel like spring in Atlanta, this week it's supposed to get up to 80 degrees!

--------- Speaking of Spring, here's a fun wreath tutorial for you! -----------

My front door was feeling lonely after having a wreath on it for Christmas, Valentine's, and St. Patty's Day.... so I made a Spring Wreath!


I used leftover fabric from the pillows I made for my apartment.  So this project only cost me $1.20 for the foam pipe.

At first I attempted to make the foam pipe into a circle, but that didn't work.  So I compromised and made a square wreath!  Cut 4 pieces of foam pipe the same length, about 10 inches.  Tape together at the corners.  Before you wrap the foam with your fabric add a hook to hang it on the door.  I just tied a loop of twine around the top of the wreath and tapes it down.


Now wrap your wreath in fabric.  I used a 2 inch wide by 72 inch long piece of fabric.  I had cut this out when I was making cording for my pillows.
To attach the beginning and end pieces of my fabric to the wreath I used a sewing push pin.


The burlap and orange rosettes were made using this technique.  The piece of fabric is much wider and longer though, closer to 3 x 18 inches.  Attach the rosettes with a sewing push pin.  This also allows you to change out the decoration throughout the year.


And there you go, a Spring Wreath!  I love how the colors match my apartment.  And since nothing was permanently attached, I can change out the fabric color for different holidays throughout the year!


Does your front door have a Spring Wreath?




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...