Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Vintage Window Wall Art

Pin It
Choosing artwork for a room is probably one of the biggest challenges I face when it comes to decorating.  My husband has already told me that floral pictures are off limits which eliminates the majority of the framed pictures for sale at TJ Maxx and Kirkland's.  What's a girl to do - you can only hang so many mirrors. 

Well, I've found the perfect solution for my shabby chic guest room - Windows!  (Sorry the room is not quite finished so you can only see the windows I hung)  I found these awesome windows in my grandparent's barn in upstate New York.  They were the original windows on their house which was built in the late 1800s.  They even have the old glass in them - which I love.  They were pretty dirty when I got them but after a lot of 409 they look great! 











There are so many different things you can do with old windows.  You can paint images on the window panes, put pictures in the panes, use the window as a door to a cabinet, make a headboard - the possibilities are endless!  I wish I had brought more windows home with me - the barn was full of them.

Hmm....maybe a trip to New York is in order!


What do you think is the best way to repurpose old windows?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...