Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Festival of Trees

Pin It
Morning!  How was everyone's turkey day?
 
I think my favorite part of the holiday was spending time with my family and the time off from work.  I got to go on lots of walks with my favorite puppy & sister, shopped til I dropped, and over-indulged on some tasty eats & drinks
 
 
 
Now it's time to talk about Christmas!  I decorated my apartment over the weekend.  This is my first year in this apartment (last year's apartment), so it was fun figuring out where to put all my Christmas knick knacks and holiday garland.  The BF and I still need to get a Christmas tree and then we'll be all done!
 
To get us in the holiday spirit, the other week we went to the Greensboro Festival of Trees & Craft Show.  It was fun to see all the Christmas decorations and get inspiration. 
 
There was an upside down Christmas tree, called the "Topsy Turvy Tree" - it was decorated in traditional red & green ornaments.  We also saw a children's Christmas tree decorated elves and toys. 
 

There was a booth of mesh wreaths, just like Julia's.  

 
The Christmas trees and speciality wreaths were being autctioned off with proceeds going to Boys & Girls Club of America. 
 
I loved this UGA wreath, but the top bid was $250, eek! 

 
The BF's Aunt made mantle and table centerpieces.  We took home this set of twig trees.  I can't wait to decorate the apartment with them!

 
Have you put up your holiday decorations?



7 comments:

Lucky Zucca said...

You're getting me in the holiday spirit! I'm planning on decorating this week/weekend! Also baking cookies- that always gets me in the Christmas mood! :]

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

I love baking sugar cookies and gingerbread men during the holiday season! I wish my apartment could always smell like cookies ;)

Jennifer Goodin said...

love all the decorations! yall definitely need to make a georgia christmas wreath!!

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

That would be cute! Maybe I should collect "UGA" ornaments this year after Christmas when they're on sale and then make one for next year :)

Unknown said...

Love it! I love going to Christmas events like The Festival of Trees! It's a great way to bring in the holiday season!! Look forward to seeing your apartment when its all done!!

Christy

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

I need to get a tree and then I'll be done, pics to come!

Katie said...

i'm with you - family and time of work and the best! i have most of our decorations up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...