Monday, November 26, 2012

Turkey Spinach Tortellini Soup

Pin It
Happy Monday Everyone!!  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!
 I definitely ate way too much food!  We had amazing appetizers and a delicious dinner. If you're like me I'm sure you have tons of leftovers.  Here's a perfect soup for some of your leftover turkey.



Ingredients:
7t chopped garlic
1 pack basil
1 bag spinach
1 1/2 gts chicken broth
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 chopped rotisseri chicken/ 2 cups leftover turkey
1 small pack of Buitoni cheese tortellini

Serving size: 6 large soup bowls

FYI: I made a double recipe...that's why there is so many ingredients :)


Step 1: Dice garlic and sautee in olive oil


Step 2: Dice basil and saute in garlic and olive oil


Step 3: Sautee spinach

Step 4: Once spinach is sauteed add diced tomatoes

Step 5: Add tortellini


Step 6: Add chicken broth

Step 7: Add chicken/turkey


Step 8: Cook on low heat until tortellin is done (approx. 8 minutes)




This recipe is delicious!! I make it every winter and it's a huge crowd pleaser!  If you don't have leftover turkey just use a rotisseri chicken. 


 



Skip To My Lou




4 comments:

Jill said...

Soup is such a great way to use up leftovers - this one looks really tasty!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

soup is my favorite way to eat leftovers! I'll have to try this recipe! :)

Julia@SouthernColor said...

It's so good and I love that it makes a lot!!

Julia@SouthernColor said...

I love any recipe that uses my leftovers! There's only so much turkey you can eat :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...