Monday, October 15, 2012

Spray Paint Lamp Tutorial

Pin It
Happy Monday Everyone!! 
 
I had a busy weekend!  I went fabic shopping with my girl friends on Saturday and then I went to an apple festival and orchard on Sunday with the ladies in my family. It was so much fun and the weather was perfect!  We'll post pics of the apple festival and orchard later this week :)
 
My mom has been wanting some new lamps for her bedroom so instead of going out and spending a $100 on a new pair we decided to update some of her old lamps. 
 
Here are the lamps before:
 
 
We decided to spray paint the lamps a satin nickel.
 
 
Before spray painting tape off the light switch and the power cord with painters tape (unless you want those spray painted too).  Then you can start spray painting.  Remember light and even coats so the paint doesn't drip!

There you go!  Now you have new lamps for the bedroom that only cost $7 (the cost of the spray paint).  The lamp shades came from another set of lamps that were broken in a recent move so they were FREE!
 
 
I love cheap and easy projects like this!!
~Julia


Skip To My Lou
The Girl Creative

 Making

 



 
HookingupwithHoH
The Fun In Functional @ Practically Functional

4 comments:

Happy Bean said...

I've been thinking about doing that to some of our lamps as well! We have a really fat ugly black one I'm thinking I may paint with chalkboard paint!

happierbean.blogspot.com

Julia@SouthernColor said...

Do it!!! I painted a lamp with chalk paint last month and it turned out great - http://southerncolor.blogspot.com/2012/09/chalk-paint-lamp.html

Jill said...

Those lamps look great in silver!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Jessi @ Practically Functional said...

They look great! Thanks for linking this up to The Fun In Functional!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...