Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Nashville Grub!

Pin It
This past weekend while I was in Nashville I ate some great food!  I've been to Nashville several times and have eaten at places like: Pancake Pantry, Loveless Cafe, Marche, Tavern, The Dog of Nashville, Whiskey Kitchen, Mama Fu's and more. 

Urban Grub: A new restaurant in 12 South.  The vibe is modern with contemporary twists on everyday American food.  This restaurant has only been open a couple weeks and they are definitely still working out all the kinks!





 Julia and I were ready for a strong cocktail after the race ;-)
I had the Gin Thyme cocktail - it was really good!  However, I would suggest they strain out the thyme, I had to keep checking my teeth to make sure I didn't have a green leaf stuck in them!  Julia had a Pimm's cup, it was garnished with a huge cucumber slice.  And Jarrod had the margarita.  Cocktails are priced at $8/each.


On Sunday we ventured over to Franklin, TN for a festival on the square.  There were tons of craft vendors set up as well as food vendors.  We had lunch at Puckett's - the BBQ platter with sweet potato fries and coleslaw- yum!!


Dessert was a Tiger's Blood slushy!  I'm not really sure what "Tiger's Blood" is but it tasted like coconut!


What is your favorite slushy flavor?

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...