Thursday, February 23, 2012

North Georgia Mountains

Pin It
This past weekend I visited the North Georgia Mountains.  The BF had purchased coupons off of DealSwarm for Montaluce Winery and Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa.


I highly recommend visiting Montaluce Winery in Dahlonega, GA.  The winery is set back in a neighborhood filled with Tuscan inspired homes - the views are gorgeous and the wine is delicious!


The DealSwarm gave us the Deluxe Winery Tour at half price.  I really enjoyed the tour, however, I found it to be almost identical to the Complimentary Tour.  The only difference was that we had a private tasting (7 wines) accompanied with cheese.  To save money I would suggest doing the Complimentary Tour and a normal tasting ($12 for 6 wines).




On the tour, I learned that Montaluce is set on 400 acres of land, only 19 of those acres are growing grapes.  The majority of the land is dedicated for the homesites, but due to the economic market, only a few homes have been built.  The vineyards grow grapes that make Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Chardonnay,  Sangiovese, and others. 




After the tour and wine tasting, we enjoyed the views with another glass of wine.  We could not have asked for better weather in February.


After Montaluce we headed to Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa in Young Harris, GA - about 1 hour from Dahlonega.


The resort is beautiful; it has a rustic cabin fill to it.  You can either stay in the hotel or rent a cabin - our coupon gave us one night in the hotel with a free breakfast and one activity (golf, horseback riding or 50% off at the spa). 



We got to the resort before the sun went down, so the BF and I decided to break in his new bocce set.

For dinner we went to Brassie's Bar & Grill in the hotel.  It's a casual dining spot, they have pool tables and darts- so much fun!  Out back they also have a fire pit - I wish I had brought fixings for s'mores!!  Upstairs in the main area, there is a large fireplace with comfy couches and checkers.  The BF takes his games very serious!


The next day the guys played golf and I went to Equani Spa.  It was so nice and relaxing.  They have a steam room, relaxation room (with comfy chairs) and a hot tub outside.  I had a facial done by Wynona - she was terrific.  All I wanted in a facial was to relax, so she did a combo of massage and facial (which included a peel, scrub, mask, plus other things).  The cost was $90 total including a 20% tip, such a great deal! 


I had such a great time!  I would love to go back and try out the horse back riding and trails.  

Do you use any coupon sites for vacations?  Living Social, Groupon, DealSwarm? 

~Elizabeth 

1 comment:

Lucky Zucca said...

It looks so gorgeous up there! This is now on my to-do list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...