Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup

Pin It
My favorite soup is Panera's Broccoli Cheddar Soup unfortunately my wallet doesn't like it as much.  So after I stumbled across this recipe on Pinterest the other week I was ecstatic!  It was very easy to make and really tastes like it's from Panera.



Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
1/2 chopped onion
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup flour
1 cup half and half
1 cup milk
2 cups chicken stock (I used broth since I already had some in my pantry)
1/2 lb fresh broccoli, chopped
1 cup carrot, shredded and chopped
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cardamom (I didn't add this since I didn't have any)
8oz grated sharp chedder cheese
4oz velveeta



Step 1: Saute onion and garlic in butter.


Step 2: Add flour, stirring constantly.

Step 3: Add half and half, milk, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.



Step 4: Add broccoli and carrots.


Step 5: Simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.


Step 6: Stir in cheeses and nutmeg.


Step 7: Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes before serving.


Recipe adapted from Mangio Da Sola


This recipe is definitely worth trying! 
And it goes great with a sandwich made from leftover Thanksgiving ham or turkey.

~Julia

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...