Friday, November 11, 2011

Butternut Squash Burritos

Pin It
I am a huge fan of mexican - call me crazy, but I look forward to Moe Monday every week!!   The burritos are always delicious and the chips are always fresh!  However, my waistline is starting to show my love of Moe Monday :-(  So for a healthier option, I bring you.....
BUTTERNUT SQUASH BURRITOS!

(recipe adapted from Oh She Glows)

What you'll need:
1/2 butternut squash
1 can of black beans
1 diced red onion
1 red pepper
1/2 a diced cucumber
1 bag of Trader Joe's microwavable brown rice (serving size 3)
Mexican blend shredded cheese
Whole wheat tortillas


Pre-bake the butternut squash: 
Chop into evenly sized pieces - spread onto a baking sheet - mix with olive oil, salt and pepper - and bake for 30mins on 425 degrees.

Combine all chopped ingredients into a pan and cook until tender.  Then mix in squash and rice.


For flavoring, I added: 2 spoonfuls for TJ's verde salsa and a dash of paprika.


Spoon the mixture onto a whole wheat tortilla, sprinkle with cheese, and a scoop of salsa (I used TJ's pineapple salsa).


Attempt to roll-up your burrito... mine was way too full! But the messier the better!


And enjoy!
The flavor was absolutely delicious and totally satisfied my Moe's craving!




What are your weekend plans?

I am going to the Atlanta Underground Market tomorrow night!  A bunch of up & coming food vendors gather in one spot and offer you tastings of their food for $2 to $4.  It's a great way to find out about the new food trends in Atlanta.  If you live in the area, you should definitely stop by!  The location is kept a secret until Saturday morning - so be sure to go to their website & add your email to their distribution list.

Happy Friday!
~Elizabeth


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...