Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dresser Redo

Pin It
My husband and I are very lucky to have been given several pieces of furniture for our new home.  Two in particular are his childhood nightstand and dresser.  They are in great shape but slightly dated.  So I decided to paint them to go with our shabby chic look in our guest room. 

All I did was sand them down then paint them with Behr paint.  After they dried I sanded the edges to give them that antique look and then I painted them again with a brown glaze.  I left the brown glaze on for several minutes then wiped it off with an old rag.  To change the look even more I added hardware to all of the drawers. 

I think they turned out great and I absolutely love them!   

Nightstand Before

Nightstand After


Nightstand next to Duvet
Dresser After - sorry I forgot to take a before

The guest room is definitely a work in progress but I promise to post pictures once it's complete!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...