Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Restaurant Review: Serpas

Pin It
This past weekend the BF and I joined friends for dinner at Serpas in Old Fourth Ward.  The style of the restaurant reminds me of Two Urban Links - it is in a large warehouse space with exposed ceilings and the decor is very modern. 
 
We arrived a few minutes before the others in our group and the hostess wouldn't seat us.  So keep in mind your whole party has to be present in order to get your table.
 
 
The Chef is from Louisiana, which was reiterated to us several times from the valet, hostess and our server!  To me, Louisiana means lots of seafood and spice. 
 
To start, we had the tuna tartar served with fresh potato chips.  In the mix was: tuna, green apple, red onion and lots of spice! The BF and I loved every bite!! This was also our server's favorite dish, she said she eats it everyday and I can see why!
 
Others in the group had pigs-n-a-blanket and oysters.  Check out Lauren's review on Yelp.

 
My cocktail for the night was the St. Vivienne: bourbon, St. Germaine and prosecco.

 
For dinner we shared the stuffed chicken with mashed potatoes and collards.  The portion size was half a chicken, so plenty for the both the BF and I.
 
Overall, I really enjoyed Serpas.  The food was great and there are several options on the menu I still want to try.  Plus they update their menu daily so you know the ingredients are fresh.  The vibe was young and vibrant, but it is very loud!  Our service was good but not great - we waited awhile before being greeted at the table.  I definitely want to go back, but because it's across town I doubt I will. 
 
On our way home, the BF and I stopped for a night cap at KR Steak Bar.   The restaurant has only been open a week but it was packed at 10pm!  We headed straight to the bar area and grabbed a set of leather armed chairs to relax in!

 
I had the Sophia cocktail and the BF had bourbon.  Our server was very attentive and you could tell he was excited about the new restaurant. 
 
My friend Laura mentioned that the restaurant had some bathroom issues, i.e. they weren't working.  And sure enough, when we got there we noticed a porta-potty out front.  We asked our server about the issue and he said they had been fixed.  So don't be scared if you see porta-potties outside, you can use the one's inside!
 
If you live in the Atlanta area, have you been to Serpas or KR Steak Bar?
Do you like splitting your entree with someone special or do you prefer it all for yourself?
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to try Serpas. I've heard so many great things about this place.

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

Definitely make it happen! Everything was so tasty!

Lucky Zucca said...

I've never heard of either of these restaurants but you're making me want to try them!

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

I think Serpas has been around for awhile, I highly recommend it for a fun girl's night or celebration dinner! And KR SteakBar just opened in my neighborhood, it's part of the Kevin Rathbun chain, so you know it's good :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...