Monday, March 18, 2013

Baby Onesie with Velcro Bowties

Pin It
There must be something in the water because it seems like everyone is having babies right now!!!!  Between my friends & family and the BF's friends, we've known at least 10 ppl in the last year to get pregnant & have babies.  It's so easy to pick something off the registry or get them a gift card, but I wanted to personalize a gift.  (Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of times I go straight to Target & just pick up something from the registry, quick & easy!) 

Ever since I made my nephew a bowtie last year for his Mom & Dad's wedding, I have been obsessed with bowties.  They always look so cute & polished.  So I decided to turn the Puppy Bowtie into the Baby Bowtie!

I bought a pack of Gerber onesies from Target and used leftover fabric & velcro.  I picked fun fabrics and holiday specific fabrics: purple gingham, baby blue plaid, Christmas tartan, green ducks, etc.


Use my Bowtie tutorial here.  Once you are complete with all your bowties, add a patch of velcro on the back.  Then add another velcro piece to the onesie.  For each baby I did 2 onesies and 5 bowties.


Isn't this just the sweetest thing you've ever seen!!


To keep things organized for the new Mom, I also made a carrying case for all the bowties.  It's a simple pocket clutch, kind of like Julia's. 

It's basically a 20 x 10 inch rectagle.  Fold into thirds, this creates a pocket on the bottom and flap to close with.  Add velcro to keep the case closed. 


Here are some more Baby Shower gift ideas:


Baby Andrew's shower was the other weekend.  He is already one lucky guy and received tons of great gifts, including several homemade items; a hand-knitted koala bear, personalized GaTech onesies, a hand-crocheted baby blanket that was his fathers, and the velcro bowtie onesies. 


Do you like giving your friends homemade gifts or store bought gifts?











Skip To My Lou Sugar Bee Crafts
The Fun In Functional @ Practically Functional
HookingupwithHoH
Home Stories A2Z
Weekend Bloggy Reading
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...