Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tailgate Tuesday: Tailgate & Celebrate Wedding Shower

Pin It


Here's a post I did last year about a friends wedding shower.  I thought it would be perfect to re-post for our Tailgate Tuesday series. 
You know you're in the South when you host a wedding shower for friends at a college football tailgate!


The other weekend my boyfriend and I headed up to Clemson, SC for the Clemson v. North Carolina game and a wedding shower for our friends! The shower was for my BF's fraternity brother, so we teamed up with a few other couples to throw the shower before the game.

Lots of planning went into this party and we had so much fun putting everything together. The invitations were super cute:


We had a mimosa and bloody mary bar:


(please note the real champagne glasses~ I felt so grown up drinking out of a glass at a tailgate!)

And tons of yummy food ~ I contributed my chicken salad sandwiches and pumpkin spice cookies!

We also had chicken & waffles and shrimp & grits ~ those were eaten too quickly to be photographed!


The decorations were perfect ~ we tried to incorporate as much orange & purple as possible! I did the pumpkin flower arrangements.




We also had a banner made for the happy couple, something they can use at future tailgates!


After a few hours of celebrating & tailgating we headed to the game!


And Clemson won! Go Tigers!!


This year we hope to make it to a few Clemson games and maybe some UGA games.  It's nice that both schools are only an hour or so from Atlanta, it makes for an easy commute!

Have you ever been to a wedding shower at a tailgate?

~Elizabeth

4 comments:

LaBruce said...

Yay! Love seeing this on the blog again :) Y'all are such sweet friends...what a wonderful event that made Harrison and I feel so special and loved. Hope to see y'all in tiger town soon!

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

It was such a fun party & tailgate!! We hope to make it to some Clemson games soon :)

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of a wedding shower at a tailgate- so cute!! And it looks like you guys had the perfect weather for a great game!! Woo woo

Anonymous said...

I agree with Brielle, I love the shower at the tailgate. My friend just got engaged and I am trying to pick out the perfect wedding shower invitations and theme. I am leaning towards a cowgirl theme. It fits her perfectly. Thanks for sharing and congratulations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...