Thursday, October 27, 2011

Homemade Chicken Salad Recipe

Pin It
I have always been a huge lover of chicken salad and I appreciate the fact that every recipe is different!  There's chicken salad with grapes, or apples, or cranberries, or curry, or greek yogurt, the list goes on!!!


My recipe is simple and exact measurements aren't important.  Some people might like more mayo and some might like more apples - just adapt to your tastes!!

What you'll need:

1 1/2 c. of diced chicken
1/2 c. of chopped pecans (or your nut of choice)
1/4 c. chopped celery
1/4 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. chopped apple (red or green)
2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil 
3/4 c. of mayo

For the chicken, I used frozen chicken tenders.  I marinated them in Italian dressing for 2 days then cooked in boiling water with 1 cube of chicken bullion.  Other options: use left over chicken, store-bought rotisserie chicken, canned chicken, or whatever you have on hand.

 Combine all ingredients into a large bowl.  Mix together with a spoon. 
To serve: I used store bought mini pita pockets from Trader Joe's.  Split the pita open on one end and then spoon the chicken salad in.  I did this the night before serving them and they turned out great - they weren't dried out and the bread wasn't soggy.

Halloween is just around the corner, do y'all have any plans? 
Since it falls on a Monday this year, I'll probably spend it in spin class that night ~ my instructor has already promised to bring candy!!!

What's your favorite kind of candy?
~Elizabeth

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...