Thursday, August 16, 2012

What is Growing on that Thing?!?!

Pin It
I know, I know, I know...this thing looks like it needs to be thrown out!  But I love it - the swing overlooks the backyard so it's a great spot to sit and relax and watch the doggie play.  It just needs to be cleaned up!  I have tried dishsoap to clean this monster in the past and it did absolutely nothing.  So this past weekend I soaked it in good old bleach! 

Here it is before:


Yuck...things were starting to grow on it :(



Here it is after:







Bleach is a MIRACLE worker!! Although it didn't get rid of everything that was growing on this beast it sure did get rid of a lot.  It looks so much better!  I know you are all probably thinking...why doesn't she replace the cushions?  Well that's what I originally wanted to do but that would cost a fortune.  So for now I will love this swing just the way it is!

Next week I'll show you the outdoor pillows I made for the swing to help cover up some of the spots.

~Julia




Linking up to:
HookingupwithHoH shabby creek cottage

The DIY Dreamer
Home is where the heart is. - Link it up! - Wednesdays - HomesteadSimple.com

Reasons To Skip The Housework
Skip To My Lou


Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...