Friday, April 6, 2012

DIY Chalkboard Sign

Pin It


Our final project for the Welcome Party was a "Welcome" chalkboard sign.  I've never used chalkboard paint before and I was a little skeptical - I didn't think it would erase very easily.  To my surprise I was completely wrong. 

This project started with this ugly unique picture from the Thrift Store that only cost $2.  We painted the frame a cream color and distressed it a little.  Then we painted right over the picture with the chalkboard paint.  For the party we used a plate holder to display the sign. 









 

This project turned out perfect and I think it was a great first impression of the party! 

Anyone notice the basket of bug spray next to the "Welcome" sign?  In case you're thinking about going to Tybee Island anytime soon - take bug spray with you!!! I think I got 75 bug bites this past weekend.  Other than that Tybee Island is gorgeous this time of year :)


Happy Good Friday!!!  I hope everyone has a great time with friends and family this Easter weekend!


~Julia

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...