Monday, November 21, 2011

Let's get physical!

Pin It
Happy Thanksgiving week!! This week is short for me, only 2.5 days of work ~ I am literally counting day the hours :-)

My favorite part of Thanksgiving is eating all the delicious foods: squash casserole, cornbread dressing, macaroni & cheese and cranberry sauce.  Unfortunately I don't think any of these are low in calorie!  A good way to feel balanced throughout the holiday season is with a healthy exercise routine.

(Jingle Jog 2010 - charity 5k for the Salvation Army)

Below are some of my favorite ways too stay active! 
I workout about 4 days a week doing one these activities:

Spinning:  I take a 45 minute indoor cycling class and we typically complete 18 miles during that time. 

Iron Class:  This is a muscle conditioning class focusing on muscle strength and endurance. We use a barbell with the amount of weight you are comfortable with (mine is 5 to 10 lbs). This class is 1 hr long- whew!

Walking:  I enjoy walking outside (when the weather is nice) or on the treadmill (while reading my nook).  A typical workout for me is 3 miles in 45 mins.

(the park I walk is a perfect 3 mile loop)

Elipitical: The elipitical is a great low impact work-out and one that is easy on my knees.  I do one hour at an incline of 10 and a resistance of 6.

Hot Yoga: 90 minutes of bikram yoga in a 107 degree room. 
It's a great way to stretch and work on your balance.

What is your workout routine like? 
What food are you most excited to eat on Thanksgiving?

~Elizabeth

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...