Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Southern Color!

Pin It
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays!  I get to eat all of my favorite foods!  This year my husband has to work on Thanksgiving so we celebrated with my parents and grandparents last weekend.  One of my favorite dishes for Thanksgiving is squash casserole.  The recipe came from my grandfather's cousin Katharine and has been a Thanksgiving necessity ever since.

Here's the recipe:

What you'll need:
2 onions
2 carrots
1 1/2 lbs yellow sqaush
1 1/12 lbs zucchini
1 can cream of chicken soup (I use reduced fat)
8 oz sour cream (I use reduced fat)
2 oz diced pimentos
2 tsp salt
1 stick butter
Pepperidge Farm corn bread stuffing mix
celery salt (add to taste)
oregano (add to taste)
salt (add to taste)


Step 1: Cut the vegetables into slices and cook with a small amount of water until done.

Step 2: Melt butter in hot drained vegetables.


Step 3: Mix together soup, sour cream, pimento, and seasonings.


Step 4: Add cream mixture and 1 cup of stuffing mix to the vegetables.



Step 5: Put into 2 small or 1 large flat casserole dish.


Step 6: Top with remaining stuffing mix.

Step 7: Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Some other foods we enjoyed last weekend included brocolli cheese casserole, cranberry sauce, dressing, peas, turkey and gravy and dirty pie (pecan pie with chocolate chips).



I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

~Julia

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...