Thursday, June 28, 2012

DIY Zebra Stripe Pillows

Pin It
Happy Thursday!  The weekend is near! 

The Peachtree Road Race is less than 1 week away, eek!!!  I have not been running nearly as much as I should.  I still need to pick up some fun costumes for the BF and I - 4th of July sunglasses, hats, temporary tattoos - the cheesier the better!


Today I am going to share with you the 2nd part to the single bias welt cording.  I am reusing my existing couch pillows.  So to start, I took the pillows apart with my seam ripper.




I used my old pillow as a template for the new pillows.  I ironed the fabric and layed it out so that the right sides were facing each other.


Once the fabric was cut out it was time to pin in the cording.


For the corners, cut the fabric of the cording so that it easily wraps around the corner.  Use plenty of pins around the corner to attach the cording securely. 



Overlap the ends of the cording and let the hang off the fabric.


You can either sew the cording on to this one side and later sew on the other side.  Or  you can pin on the other side (right sides facing each other).  Be sure to leave an opening for your stuffing or pillow insert.


Flip right side out and stuff the pillow.  Then sew the opening shut.








And there you go!  Lime green zebra pillows with orange cording.

~Elizabeth






wednesday's wowzers
Lil\'Luna











Photobucket

A Crafty Soiree

The 36th AVENUE
HookingupwithHoH Skip To My Lou


4 comments:

Kristin said...

I love these! The piping really makes the pillows pop =) Thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

Thanks Kristin! I'm really happy with how they turned out!

Stacey said...

Very pretty and with such unique colors! Very cool! Thanks for linking up this week!
Stacey of Embracing Change

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

I really like how the color combo turned out! Thanks for hosting a great link party Stacey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...