Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Cookies

Pin It
Good morning!  I hope everyone has had a great week.  Atlanta has been super rainy & cold, I guess it's officially fall!  Do you have big plans for the weekend?  I am heading down to Macon, GA to visit my grandparents on Saturday and then grill out with some friends that night for the Clemson v. Maryland & UGA v. Vandy games. 



I wanted to make something easy to bring and I found this great 2 ingredient recipe for Pumpkin Spice cookies.  The recipe is literally 2 ingredients - how awesome!  However, I added in pecans, so that makes it 3 ingredients, but still so easy!!



What you'll need:
1 box (14.25 oz.) of Spice Cake Mix
1 can (15 oz.) of canned pumpkin
1 c. of chopped pecans

Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 mins.



Optional ingredients (I didn't use any of these, but I'm sure they'd be great)
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 c. raisins
1 c. chocolate chips







Directions:
1.  If you are using whole pecans, you will need to chop those into smaller pieces.  It doesn't have to be a fine chop.  Set aside the pecans until Step 3.







2.  In a large bowl, mix together (using a mixer or fork) the cake mix and canned pumpkin.  Mix until all the dry cake mix has been fully incorporated. 

3.  Now stir in the pecans.

4.  Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto the cookie sheet.  They do not flatten out much, so how you place them on the cookie sheet is how they will come out of the oven! 



5.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 15 minutes depending on the size of your cookies.  I made about 30 cookies in my batch and I baked them for approximately 11 mins. 

A good way to test if your cookies are done is to run a thin knife down the middle of a cookie, if it comes out clean then they are done!  If the knife comes out with batter on it, then they need more time. 

6.  Allow cookies to cool on a wire baking rake.  Then enjoy!





I hope y'all enjoy this easy recipe!  Do you have any recipes that only require 2 or 3 ingredients?






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...