Monday, November 18, 2013

Merry Christmas Banner

Pin It
For the holidays I enjoy mixing & matching decorations.  I love using older pieces that my Mom has passed on to me and newer pieces that I have either bought or created. Today I am sharing with you a Christmas banner that I created!


Decorating for the holidays should be fun and should showcase your style.  I personally love the combination of metallic ornaments & reindeer against the natural fabric of a burlap banner. 


This burlap banner was an easy project to create, all you need is a printer, burlap, scissors, hot glue and twine!
 
The letters were created on a chalkboard background in bright white font, I really like how it pops against the dark background.  I printed the letters in black & white then cut them out into triangles. 
 
(You can download the letters below)


Next cut out burlap triangles, they will need to be about an inch larger than the letter triangles on all sides.  Now spray your burlap triangles with Mod Podge Acrylic Spray.  This will keep the burlap from unraveling.


Allow the Mod Podge to dry for about 2 hours.  Now hot glue the letter triangles on to the burlap.  You will want to center the letters.  Once those are set, poke two holes on each side of the top of the burlap triangle.  Now string through your twine. 


I choose to do two strands for my banner, one with "Merry" and another with "Christmas", otherwise the banner will be really long. 


Download the Banner Letters here:
 
Have you started decorating for the holidays?  I still have my fall decorations out.  I usually wait until the weekend after Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas.

(This tutorial was featured in Southern Holiday Life Magazine, click here to read.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...