Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Pinterest Party

Pin It
Last Thursday, Julia and I hosted a Christmas Pinterest Party.  We had a small group of friends come over to my place to craft the night away. 
 
We emailed out this invitation, I created in Pic Monkey.
 
 
The idea of the party is to work on a few crafts we've seen on Pinterest and to snack on some Pinterest snacks. 
 
The food included:
Dayli's Baked Brie with Apple Slices
Julia's Two Ingredient Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
 

The crafts:
 

 
Julia and I pre-made all the wine bags out of existing holiday fabric we already had.  We then set up Christmas stencils and stamps for people to decorate their bags.
 
The holiday cards were created using a variety of Christmas papers and embossing stamps.  We bought silver, red, and green glitter to go on the stamp.  Then you heat it with an embossing heater and the stamp raises and the glitter becomes more glittery.

 
We also showed everyone how to cut a wine bottle using nail polish remover.  This technique is never 100%, only 5 of the 10 bottles I collected actually broke.  But it was fun for everyone to try out.

 
Thanks ladies for coming over and crafting with us!
We had a blast :)
 
 



6 comments:

Emily A said...

It was lots of fun ladies! Thanks for the invitation!

Rachel Zimm said...

what a fun idea! I would love to go to a party with crafts!
floralandfudge

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

Thanks for coming over! And bringing the yummy buffalo dip :)

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

We had a great time! I think next time I would do one organized craft (like a deco-mesh wreath), but overall everyone was happy with their crafts :)

Ashlyn said...

What a fun party idea! I feel so out of the loop without a Pinterest haha

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

No Pinterest- wow!! I might be addicted, there are so many great ideas on it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...