Monday, October 22, 2012

Asian Coleslaw | Updated Recipe

Pin It
Happy Monday!  How was your weekend?

My weekend was full of crafting, time with family & friends, and some much needed relaxation!  One of the projects I worked on involves burlap & lace, I can't wait to share it with you, but you'll have to wait a couple of month.  It's a craft for my friend's December wedding.

Julia and I enjoy sharing recipes and crafts with y'all.  We realize that our instructions are not always perfect, we've only been doing this blogging thing for a year!  Julia made my asian coleslaw the other week and mentioned how large the portion size is, plus there are some ingredients in there that I don't always use.  So, I wanted to "edit" the recipe for a more manageable portion size.
 
 
 Revised Recipe:
1 bag pre-shredded cabbage
1/2 cup peanuts
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 bag frozen edmame (cooked per bag instructions)
Kraft's Asian Sesame dressing

Mix everything in a large bowl. 
Add salad dressing until everything is well coated (about 1/3 cup).

Serve in small phyllo shells.
 
 
 
My original recipe called for diced onions and peppers.  The last few times I have made this recipe, I have not added them and it turned out just as good.  So you can add those ingredients if you want to, probably 1/2 diced onion and 1/2 diced red or green pepper.
 
We would love to hear from you if you have tried any of our recipes or crafts.  We want to know if they turned out as good for you as they did for us??
 
Enjoy your Monday!
~ Elizabeth
 
Skip To My Lou




6 comments:

Jill said...

Sounds really tasty!
Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Oh, sweet Jesus this looks sooo good! I'm definitely going to have to try this. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Hi Elizabeth! Wanted to let you know that you will be one of the features tomorrow. The party goes live at 8am CST. So, pop on by and pick up a feature button. Can't wait to see what you bring to the party. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Andrea said...

Yummy goodness! I am not a cabbage gal but I have to give this one a try!!
Thanks !
Andrea

Andrea said...

Yummy goodness! I am not a cabbage gal but I have to give this one a try!!
Thanks !
Andrea

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

Maybe you could substitute the cabbage with squash ribbons? Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...