Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wine Down Wednesdays.... Sip Wine

Pin It
Last night I went out to dinner at Sip Wine in Vinings.  I have been wanting to go here since they opened 2 years ago.  I finally had the perfect excuse, girl's night

 

Sip has a cool concept: there are wine "vending machines" where you can serve yourself a sip, half glass, or full glass.  The idea is to sample many different wines.  A sip averages $2, 1/2 glass about $4 and a full is $8. 

(Thanks for modeling Lauren!)


The idea is great, but the wine I wanted to try was empty and even though it was a Wednesday special on their menu, Sip would not honor the $5 special price instead I would have to pay $8.75 to get it out of the machine.  Kind of lame if you ask me!  I'll probably go back to give the wine machines a 2nd chance.  I also think this could be a fun date night, hint hint!!


I finally got a glass of wine from our server, I had the Zenato Pinot Grigio - it was very light & refreshing.  Sip offers a tapas style menu, most plates average $10.  To start I had the Apple Salad with pecans & blue cheese - yum!!


Others had the Soba Noodle Peanut Salad, Chicken Skewers, Tuna Tartare, Crawfish Beignets, and Scallops.



The food was great and the vibe was really cool! 


The service was average - there were times I was waiting to order another glass of wine, more tapas and get more water.   But I don't think I'll let that prevent me from going back. 


I love the candles they had on the tables!  I totally want to try to make this, Pinterest can you help me out?!?!

~Elizabeth

5 comments:

Julia@SouthernColor said...

Wine vending machines?!?! I've never heard of anything like that....sounds cool!

Tracers said...

Awesome post! And your pics turnes out fantastic! A fun time was indeed had by all;)

Tracers said...

Awesome post! And your pics turned out fantastic! A fun time was indeed had by all;)

Caroline said...

Sad I missed this! Looks like it was a fabulous time! There's this cool wine store on Howell Mill near Anthro that makes candles like that... and they smell delicious!

Elizabeth @ Southern Color said...

Thanks Tracie for picking a fun restuarant - it was a blast!

We missed you Caroline, hope you can make it next time! You better believe I'll be checking out that store, those candles smelled amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...