Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wine Down Wednesdays.... Sip Wine

Pin It
Last night I went out to dinner at Sip Wine in Vinings.  I have been wanting to go here since they opened 2 years ago.  I finally had the perfect excuse, girl's night

 

Sip has a cool concept: there are wine "vending machines" where you can serve yourself a sip, half glass, or full glass.  The idea is to sample many different wines.  A sip averages $2, 1/2 glass about $4 and a full is $8. 

(Thanks for modeling Lauren!)


The idea is great, but the wine I wanted to try was empty and even though it was a Wednesday special on their menu, Sip would not honor the $5 special price instead I would have to pay $8.75 to get it out of the machine.  Kind of lame if you ask me!  I'll probably go back to give the wine machines a 2nd chance.  I also think this could be a fun date night, hint hint!!


I finally got a glass of wine from our server, I had the Zenato Pinot Grigio - it was very light & refreshing.  Sip offers a tapas style menu, most plates average $10.  To start I had the Apple Salad with pecans & blue cheese - yum!!


Others had the Soba Noodle Peanut Salad, Chicken Skewers, Tuna Tartare, Crawfish Beignets, and Scallops.



The food was great and the vibe was really cool! 


The service was average - there were times I was waiting to order another glass of wine, more tapas and get more water.   But I don't think I'll let that prevent me from going back. 


I love the candles they had on the tables!  I totally want to try to make this, Pinterest can you help me out?!?!

~Elizabeth
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...