Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Weekend Celebration

Pin It
I hope everyone had a great weekend...I did!  This weekend I got to hang out with three of my dearest friends.  Ever since I moved away from Altanta I don't get very many opportunities to see them all at once.  So when we realized that we were all free this weekend we jumped at the chance to hang out.  Although we planned this get together over a month ago we couldn't have picked a better weekend.  One of my friends just got engaged to the man of her dreams while another one's birthday was on Sunday.  I can't say we got crazy and went bar hopping (I guess this means were getting old) but we did have a great day at the pool catching up and drinking margaritas!

In order to celebrate my friend's birthday my amazing sister made Banana Pudding Cupcakes.  They were absolutely delicious and tasted just like Banana Pudding.  



Here's the Recipe:

1 Box French Vanilla Cake Mix
1 Box  Instant Banana Cream Pudding (3.4oz)
3 Eggs
1/2 Cup of Vegetable Oil
1/2 Cup of Water
8oz of Soure Cream
1 tsp. of Vanilla
1 Cup of Bananas, smashed
2 Cups of Nilla Wafer, crushed (plus more for garnishing if desired)
8oz of Cool Whip

Steps:

1. In a large bowl, add the first 6 ingredients
2. Mix until all of the ingredients are combined
3. Fold in the bananas and Nilla Wafers
4. Line cupcake pans with cupcake baking papers
5. Spoon the batter into the cupcake baking papers (about 3/4 full)
6. Place the cupcakes into a preheated 35o degree oven for 18-20 minutes
7. When cupcakes are done, remove them from the pan and place them on a baking sheet
8. Place them into the freezer to cool for 10 minutes
9. Garnish with Cool Whip and crushed Nilla Wafers 
10. Serve cold



Recipe adapted from Divas Can Cook:



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...